In the beginning it was him and her or maybe it was just this and that. I tend to wander/wonder at all things unknown and unclear I guess we all do to a degree. For me the things that confound me speak volumes, speak life into who I am. I tend to be steeped in some circular philosophy trying to uncover its meaning, hoping it will be like a ball of yarn though seemingly endless and monumental MAYBE it will come completely unraveled. Other times I find myself languishing beneath life's blows. Its an interesting life I live---we all live. To me it is mind boggling not just who we presently are and what life presently is: but the thought of there being a past and a future. A time before ME and a time after ME. Of course, the question unavoidably becomes who the hell is this transient ME but that question will not be addressed here but hopefully someday answered and certainly will resurface again and again and again. But what of this passage of time --- the reality of extinction---or not. I have begun to notice with much certainty that the people I see are reflections of people I have seen though in totally different places at totally different times but the same...if that makes any sense. I am an educator I have taught in schools now for roughly 5 years and the students all resemble but they are not the same people but I remember their faces in the other faces I have seen like some weird alter-world sky like mirror that makes duplicates of people to show me that we are all the same or very similar.
What is even deeper still is the many layers to the lives we lead. On one end of the spectrum you have the ins and outs of everyday life, then on a deeper level we have the larger society (our jobs, family, friends) and even greater still we have the societal level of function that relates to us but not totally and then you have Earth and all the countries' concerns and then we have the entire UNIVERSE! So my question becomes well how the heck does one unpack all of these variants of conscious attention into a systemic and fulfilling existence.
More clearly stated on one end of the spectrum I can be wrapped up in my personal life : the intense love of my husband and my child or the argument we had or this or that. Then if I think again the next minute OH Gosh my job the stress the this the that. And in the next millisecond I am now thinking of the government, world poverty, homelessness, sickness, global warming, economics etc. etc. etc. the this the that. And then on the greatest but most personal scale what of my spiritual self what of this-- what of that that animates me and makes me whole draws me closer to the universal soul, music, dance, creation! BAM, it hits me simple, redundant, profound (though cliche it maybe): ITS ALL ONE IN THE SAME. I have come full circle and yet again it all makes sense...
~~~~~~~ ripple~~~~~~~
No comments:
Post a Comment